Thursday, October 6, 2011

The weekend

Baby J will be going for a weekend visit with her grandparents.  We just found out today.  I am doing laundry and packing clothes.  The weird thing is that nothing seems real right now.  It doesn't feel like she is really leaving us.  It also doesn't feel like I am no longer working outside the home.  I guess it takes some passage of time to make change seems really real.

I am not sad.  I know this is the first step in her being reunited with her mom.  I know her mom really loves her and has admittedly had her eyes opened by this experience.  I have had the pleasure of getting to know her a little bit.  I am blessed that we have had this openness in our relationship.  I am here to serve baby J and the best way for me to do that is to be a resource to her mom after she goes home.

I am sure things will feel more real when we do our bedtime routine tomorrow and it's just for Jamie.  Or when we wake up on Saturday and only have breakfast as a family of three.  Or walk to the park without the stroller.

She will be back in our home by Sunday night.  CPS tells me that if kinship placement does not take place this week then she will spend next weekend with them as well.  She should be permanently transitioned by the following week.

1 comment: