Saturday, October 15, 2011

Reverse Nesting?

So baby J left Friday.  At first I kind of moped around the house.  Then I got this burst of energy.  It was really odd but I had to reverse nest.  We had just experienced a leaving not a coming.  I cleaned her room, removed all the bedding, put all the clothes away, took the swing and exersaucer out of the living room, rearranged the living room furniture, took the car seat out of the SUV... literally put away everything that was out only for her.

It felt weird but it also felt right.  I think this was my way of grieving.  Mentally I needed some closure.

But I also edited a beautiful photo I took of her Friday morning to print and display proudly in our home.  She will always be a part of us, she just isn't ours.

Jamie and I are headed to visit Grandpa and Mema this week. It will be a relaxing trip with no agenda other than to continue to build relationship.  Our agency will place us back on the opening list Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment