Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sometimes it hurts...

...that my baby boy had a life before us.  I am pretty sure I feel this way because we do not have contact with his birth family.  I think mostly it hurts because I grieve for his loss.  I grieve for the day he truly understands and it hits his heart like a ton of bricks.  But I also pray that God would take that burden and make it light for him.  I pray that the love of the family he now has can be a comfort to him.

The beauty of adoption is that even though it comes from brokenness, God takes all those pieces (i.e, loss, abuse, neglect, barrenness, etc.) and puts them together to form something new.   A creation more beautiful than the individual parts were before being broken and reconstructed.  Let us not forget that our God is a redeemer!

1 comment:

  1. Me too! Grieving for the moment when they understand what happened to them and they know some of the why-s of it all. Honestly, sending kids home helped me learn that God has a master plan and I don't get to choose what part of it I am in.

    ReplyDelete