Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sweet Baby J

Baby J came to us on a hot July evening.  It was an emergency placement and I picked her up at the hospital.  Yes, she came to us with broken bones in her little 9 month old body.  No one knows (or is saying) how it happened.

Baby J's bones are healed now.  She has two new little teeth.  She has gained the confidence to explore her world.  She is strong willed, beautiful, and loved. Most of all she is cherished.  My prayer is that where ever she goes from here that remains true.  You see because if she is cherished then she will be seen as a blessing and not as a burden.  If she is cherished then she will be protected, treasured and loved.  I pray this for my sweet Baby J. 

I knew in my heart from the very beginning that she would not be with us long.  CPS is in the process of a home study on the parental grandparents.  She could be leaving any day now.  I know my precious boy Jamie is going to miss her.  We have been talking about her leaving.  I don't know how much a 2 1/2 year old can understand.  We assure him every time that he is staying forever.  Mommy, Daddy, Jamie, the puppy and kitties will all stay forever.  I have introduced him to Baby J's mother at the weekly visits.  We tell him that we are helping them take care of her right now because they cannot.  I hope his heart understands.  I pray that God would protect him in a way that I cannot.  

1 comment: